I interview the stars... well... close enough.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Jon "Stugotz" Weiner

Stugotz is co-host of the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz on 790 The Ticket in Miami, FL. We conducted this interview in late September.

Me: How happy are you about LeBron and Bosh joining Wade on the Heat?

Stugotz: Even as a Knick fan, I couldn't be happier. Great for the city, the local economy, the fans and for sports radio. In addition, I have many friends that work for the Heat, so I'm really happy for the.

Me: How did the Heat land him? You had reported that James wasn't returning to the Heat via Twitter, plus Alonzo F. Mourning was in a room talking to him for 78 hours. And don't you think $1 Wes Helms would have been a better recruiter?

Stugotz: None of that mattered. This was all about LeBron's desire to play with his friends and live in a really cool city, especially when you're 26 and worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Zo is still talking to him and no one recruits like Whelms. Wade and Pat Riley, or as I like to call him, Pat Corleone, too.

Me: Do you think Rex Ryan could eat Brandon Marshall if, somehow, the Dolphins manage to beat them at any point in the season or postseason?

Stugotz: The Jets lost twice against the Dolphins last year, so I'm not saying a word. Going to be fun, always is.

Me: What is it like working with Plinko-Chip master Dan LeBatard?

Stugotz: Nothing better. One of the nicest and kindest individuals I have ever met. Great friend, loyal and honest. I pinch myself everyday, thankful for what we do. Its not just Dan, as I also get to work with Hoch, Mike, Roy and Guzio. I work with my friends and we sit around and talk about sports, entertainment and life... it's an incredible job. I probably annoy them more then they would ever annoy me. Love all those guys and I am lucky to work with them.

Me: Do you usually reply to weirdos emails? That's not a safe practice. I could be sending your iPhone dozens of viruses per letter.

Stugotz: I try to respond to as many as possible, even the ones that rip me and there are plenty of those.

Me: How do you spell foot fault?

Stugotz: I can spell it, I just can't say it - amazing that I work in communications for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment